Having spent the last week here at the fabulous Four Seasons Bali Resort we thought we would tell you about our experience and review what could only be described as a magnificent beachfront family friendly resort. This is with out a doubt a place to take the kids and have one of those memorable Balinese holidays. So pack your bags and get ready to experience one of Bali’s best 5 Star Resorts.
One thing we particularly loved about the Four Seasons Bali was the way they have managed to integrate traditional Balinese charm and culture into every facet and corner of the resort. We know that some resorts can take a ‘cookie cutter approach’ to their design where everything seems the same. Not at this magnificent resort. They have made sure that you truly feel the what could only be described as the ‘fantastic Balinese experience’ from the moment you check your bags in at reception.
So, what make the Four Seasons such a fantastic holiday resort?
# 1 You are going to love the resorts luxurious swimming pools. As with any resort you are going to spend most of your time around the pool. This is where the family gathers and this is where the kids will spend most of their time. Well, at the Four Seasons there are 6 incredible pools. This means that there is a pool for everyone with different styles and tastes. We loved mingling with the guests and exploring all of the 6 pools.
For those of you that enjoy sipping a cool cocktail or Bintang by the pool there is a swim up bar in the main pool. This is where all the action happens and where most families hang out and watch their kids play games while the adults get stuck into their novel. The main poo is right on the beach so you can take a breather and wade in the ocean and enjoy some salt water action.
When it comes to lunch by the pool there is a full kitchen poolside where you can have some delicious snacks brought to you. As you would expect there are both western style burgers and chips for the kids and yummy nasi goreng and Indonesian style dishes for the adults.
There is a ton of sun beds by the pool so you don’t have to worry about missing out or getting up super early to put your towel down to reserve your bed.
A real treat is the replica of Bali’s famous public baths that come with ornate hindu statues. This is where you come to get some peaceful downtime. There are also beds here where you can chill out.
There is also a fountain style pool where parents can enjoy the shallow waters and watch their kids play under the fountains – this pool area is right near the resort garden.
Lastly, there is a exclusive adults only club pool area with bar if you feel like some time away from the kids. There are relaxing cabana style beds where you can spend the afternoons drifting along with those warm sea breezes – absolute bliss!
# 2 There are heaps of family activities for the whole family to enjoy at the resort. Everywhere you look there is something going on for the adults and the kids to enjoy together. So if you worried about bored kids or rainy times with nothing to do, don’t be!
Here are some highlights:
– hang out with the kids in the huge garden areas and enjoy just being together as a family in this wonderful tropical environment
– behind Alun – Alun Garden area there is a small playground with swings and slippery dips for the kids
– don’t forget that Jimbaran beach is right there in front of you to enjoy. The hotel will provide snorkelling equipment and soccer balls for that impromptu soccer game. The waves are really small here so everyone can enjoy swimming in the ocean. Sunset time here is the most popular time as this is when everyone comes out to enjoy those magical sunsets. There are hundreds of lazy chairs along the 550 metre plus area on the beach with bamboo shades for the whole family to enjoy. As this beach strip is part of the Four Seasons it is meticulously maintained daily.
– If you want to go on any tours the hotel will be more than happy to organise local tours to the fish markets or if you feeling more adventurous a day tour to the monkey forests of Ubud is going to send the kids into an excitement frenzy.
_ if you have teenagers and they would like to try a Balinese massage for the first time then the resort has a first class day spa. Make sure you do book in advance for this as it is very popular. Call the concierge and they will do it for you.
– when it comes to kids entertainment the Four Seasons has it all sorted. The kids club – Planet Trekkers is all about introducing the young ones to the Balinese way of life and culture in a fun and educational way. Your children will come away from this with a little bit of a better understanding about local Balinese way of life. Planet Trekkers also has a small animal farm with ducks, a cow farm and some turtles. Every afternoon, your children can have fun by packing a bucket of bread to feed the hotel ducks at the pond of Alun-Alun Garden. The young ones are going to love this.
– there are lessons for the kids going on everyday to keep them busy while the adults enjoy a breather. From painting classes ( T-shirt and egg painting) right through to learning some basic Bahasa or Balinese dance – the club has everything. If that’s a bit too boring for the kids there is a mini basketball court, small pool with volleyball net and a sand pit.
# 3 When it comes to food and dining experiences The Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay is the very best. It’s all about spoiling you and your family with a culinary experience like they have never had before.
Because breakfast is such an important part of the day there are a few breakfast options for your family to choose from; the Club Lounge or Jimbaran Gardens Rest areas but you will find that you end up at the Taman Gita Terrace for the widest selection of tasty breakfast options. It’s buffet style and as you can imagine there are so many things to choose from to get you started for the day; eggs, fruit, cheeses, pastries, yoghurts, salamis, deserts…the list goes on. It’s a real experience like you have never seen before – so go on and enjoy yourself.
For lunch most people either have it buy the many pool or in one of the in house restaurants in the hotel. We recommend trying the Jimbaran Gardens buffet for lunch if you can fit anything in after your breakfast.
For those that want that bit extra you can join the Club Four Seasons. This is a exclusive club where you get: complimentary snacks on the hour very hour as well as complimentary afternoon tea, and 3 hours of fabulous cocktails and canapés every afternoon at sunset time.
So, there you have it go on and take your family to the Four Seasons for the perfect family holiday in Bali – you are going to love it. Trust us when we say we did!
Book with us and get the best deals on all rooms. BOOK NOW