Things to do in Seminyak
Shop, eat great food, surf, stay in some really great hotels, people watch, strut your stuff, show off, eat at a vegan cafe….& so much more
There are a million and one things to do in Seminyak. You will never ever get bored! Here are some great things to do in Seminyak Bali.
- Spend the day lazing by the pool at the very famous Potato Head. With the ever popular infinity pool that is basically crowded the whole day, it’s sensational Seminyak beach front very central location, cocktails that are to die for, sunshine the whole day & of course the beautiful people – makes this venue a must visit.
- The place is sooooo popular that it gets booked out very early and getting a prized cabana chair is worth it’s weight in gold. Get in early, ensure you get a prime position and let the day unfold in front of you. The cabana is great. You get your own waiter who will bring your nibblies and drinks when ever you want. Look out for the amazing cheese platters and the vodka cocktails. This place can get expensive so make sure you are prepared for this. Well, it’s a holiday so it’s going to be worth it, whatever the cost is.
- Sunset around 5-6pm is where the action really heats up. People flock to Potato Head to watch the magical Balinese sunsets and then they hang around for dinner and party time. This place can become quite rowdy after 10 pm so be prepared.
- If you like massages then Seminyak is massage heaven. You cannot physically count the number of cheap day spa places in Seminyak. There are at least 10 on every block. They are cheap and well worth the $10 for the hour. Go for a daily massage right before sunset and then head off to the beach feeling totally relaxed and enjoy the whole Seminyak vibe with a cool cocktail or cold Bintang in your hand. A good venue to head to is Ku De Ta. This complements the massage very nicely.
- Hit Ku De Ta and take in the sunset. Another uber cool bar and restaurant in Seminyak. Like Potato Head but without the pool. This place used to be the one and only – but with competition, it has lifted it’s game. Ideal for sunset drinks, dinner, people watching and partying, if you are into big nights. It has a very upmarket vibe with prices that match. Still, well worth a visit. If you are planning a dinner make sure you book well ahead.
- Shop till you drop. Seminyak is a shoppers paradise ranging from upmarket boutiques right through to local vendors selling t shirts and sarongs. There is no shortage of shops here on the main strip. Start at one end of Jalan Legian and make your way down to the heart of Seminyak to Jalan Petitenget.
- Dine like a king at world class restaurants. If you are into fine dining then Seminyak has an oversupply of ridiculously good restaurants. Just refer to the section with this website on where to eat in Seminyak.
- Go for a surf. Believe it or not, Seminyak has some really great surf. The beach is patrolled and there are lifeguards but like any surfing activity in Bali you do have to take extreme care.
- Eat at a local warung. Some people might worry about eating local Balinese food but most of the places where the locals eat are in fact really good. Don’t be afraid of this as the turn over of food is very high and this means it’s freshly cooked.
- Rent a scooter for the day. If you are young at heart with an adventurous spirit and don’t mind a bit of hair raising traffic jams and drivers then try renting a scooter for the day and taking a look around the area. You do need an international drivers license but a lot of Balinese scooter rental places don’t even check. It is a fun way of exploring Seminyak and the surrounding streets. You will be amazed by how much you get to see on a bike.
- Sit in a cafe and people watch. Park yourself at a street side cafe and watch the craziness that is Seminyak unfold before your eyes. It is absolute madness. Traffic, motor bikes, local vendors, Balinese people going about their daily lives and of course the beautiful people of the world strutting their stuff, all make this a perfect destination for people watching. It’s really a great mix.