Places to eat in Seminyak
If you are counting your calories, avoid Seminyak! It’s a foodies paradise. There is so many really good places to eat that you are going to be spoilt for choice. From 5 star chic restaurants where you have to book weeks in advance to get a table right through to family friendly restaurants where pizza, pasta and coke are the norm….Seminyak has absolutely no shortages of places to eat.
The most popular restaurants in Seminyak, with the most respected reputations, are the most established dining places. There are about 10 of these dotted throughout Seminyak’s main streets and the beachfront. If you are into your food and you want a bit of a treat then these are must visit restaurants. If you are coming to Bali from Australia, I suggest booking well in advance as you can imaging, they do get booked out especially during the peak holiday season.
These restaurants are patronised by ex pats and visitors to Bali (we do find that regular visitors to Seminyak tend to come back to these restaurants time and time again), as they are a food lovers dream. The way they are designed, and they way they reflect certain themes makes dining in Seminyak a great experience. There are so many types and styles of cuisine to choose from; Mexican, Mediterranean, Japanese, Italian, Greek, Spanish right through to contemporary Indonesian cooking. You will find it all here in Seminyak.
Most of the top restaurants are found along one main road Jalan Laksmana while there are many others in the Petitenget area.We’re only recommending a handful but do recommend that once you are in Bali, have a walk around the area, get a feel for the place and then hunt out some restaurants for yourself.
Money, effort and design time has gone into the way these restaurants have been presented. Even if you are not prepared to spend up big for one night it may be well worth a sneaky peek, just to see what they have been able to achieve. From the quirky to the spectacular, there is something for everyone.
The hippest and oh so cool restaurants in Seminyak
- Mejekawi @ Ku De Ta Occupying the top floor of the very famous Ku De Ta this restaurant has incredible beach views and a world class degustation menu. This is a real treat and recommended for those who like high end cuisine and no expense spared dining experience. Location: Jalan Kayu Aya No. 9, Seminyak
- Mama San This is a retro Asian dining experience that marries east and west tastes into probably one of the most popular restaurants in Seminyak. It has a 1920’s Shanghai feel to it and diners flock here from all over the world to sample this exotic menu. Location: Jalan Raya Kerobokan No.135, Kerobokan
- Sardine Sardine on Jalan Petitenget stand out feature is a striking bamboo style large dining area with outside tables giving diners an birds eye view over probably the last rice field in the whole of Seminyak. The restaurant is surrounded by lush bamboo gardens, leafy tropical Balinese gardens, those fish ponds we all love to just stare at and of course the magical view. This all sets the scene for the menu which is out of this world delicious. Sumptuous seafood with healthy organic produce put Sardine very high on an travellers Bali dining bucket list. Location: Jalan Petitenget 21, Kerobokan.
- Merah Putih Merah Putih offers guest the very best in contemporary Indonesian dining. The menu is very eclectic with a mix of traditional Indonesian / Balinese food with western influences. The design of this place is a must to see and is spread out over two levels. You have a floor to ceiling glass enclosure where diners can sit among palm trees. It really creates an outstanding ambiance. Location: Jalan Petitenget No. 100X, Kerobokan, North Kuta, Seminyak
- Starfish Bloo As part of the W Hotel, you already know that this place is going to be top notch. In fact it’s their signature restaurant. Enough said – just try this place, as it is mind blowing. It’s on the beach front, so the vibe is chilled and laid back. But the menu is where it’s all happening. Check out the private booth tables as they also double as monster lobster traps…what a great idea! Make sure you book because on Sundays at noon for the brunch and this is really popular with families as there is live music, and children’s activities. Location: W Retreat & Spa Bali, Seminyak
- La Luciola, Seminyak Located a little out of the way up to the north of Seminyak, right on the beach is one of Seminyaks oldest dining institutions. This place has been here for ages, and the reason why is that the food is so darn good. The stunning traditional Balinese style garden setting makes for a grand entrance and this is all backed up by delicious Italian food. La Lucciola is located on the beach front so settle in relax, watch the surfers and the bikini clad women pass you by as you enjoy a wonderful lunch or dinner.