Nightlife in Seminyak
There is so much nightlife in Seminyak, that it is really the centre of partying in Bali.
If you want to party hard in Seminyak, there are so many night clubs, bars and restaurants that you really won’t be able to fit them all into your holiday. There are some must see clubs that every tourist goes to such as Ku De Ta and Potato Head, but in the mix there are heaps of other really very cool bars.
Seminyak nightlife has seriously grown over the last 5 years. It has a diverse a collection of hip and very chic bars and other cool hot spots where all the beautiful people of Bali come out at night, to drink, dance, party and hook up. If you are into night life, you are going to absolutely love Seminyak. In fact, the night life may start to dominate your holiday. Watch out for those hang overs!
Most of the venues in Seminyak, open at around midday with great menus that compliment spectacular beach front settings. People actually spend the whole day here and continue right into the early hours of the morning. Compared to neighbouring Kuta and Legian, the nightlife in Seminyak is much more sophisticated and geared to people who have deeper wallets and are prepared to spend up big for a night out. Prices here are the same as back home in Australia, if not more expensive! Clubs will feature international DJ’s and live artists. Combine this with $20 cocktails, expensive food and you can see the types of people that these venues cater to. Saying that most of them are packed every night.
Most of the clubs in Seminyak offer exquisite, chic interiors, where as soon as you walk in you have that jaw dropping sensation. No expense spared. The interiors are world class. Plus, most top Seminyak venues are right on the beach. The formula they have all followed is very successful. Green lush outdoor settings combined with fancy interiors, quality wine, food, chilled music, cocktails, works really well as you will see by the big lines to get in.
From the first in the bunch Ku De Ta, the massive and classy Potato Head Beach Club to the WooBar at the W Retreat along the now very famous ‘must be seen at ‘address of Jalan Petitenget, night life in Seminyak is not going to disappoint. In fact, there are people that just come to Bali to party.
Here are some great venues and bars to look out for if you want to slip on those high heels and dance the night away.
- Ku De Ta Easily the most famous and probably the most popular restaurant, bar and night club in Bali. This is where it all began and this is where nightlife in Seminyak started to set a bench mark world wide. Make sure you come here for a sunset cocktail. Do not and I repeat this, do not miss out on this opportunity. Get here at about 4pm to get a prime beach front position. Location: Jalan Petitenget, Seminyak Tel: +62 (0)361 736 969
- Woo Bar @ W Retreat Woo Bar is now the hotspot in Seminyak nightlife. International Dj’s spiining tunes till the wee hours of the morning, combined with awesome drinks, martinis, variations of vodkas and without doubt one of the best menus in Bali should make Woo Bar top of your night life list. Location: W Retreat & Spa Bali, Jalan Petitenget, Seminyak Tel: +62 (0)361 4738 106
- Mozaic Beach Club An extension of Ubud’s Mozaic Restaurant Gastronomique, this club is unique in terms of it’s the only club of this type in the area. Great food, top music from DJ’s both local and international make this another very cool hot spot in the Seminyak area. Location: Jalan Pantai Batu Belig, Kerobokan Tel: +62 (0)361 473 5796
- Red Carpet Champagne Bar This bar is kinda quirky but you could not find a more central location to kick off your night. A great meeting place or even better why not hang here the whole night, drink heaps of champagne and watch the passing parade go by. It’s loud, full of party goers yet somehow seems to attract people after midnight. You will find a lot of people who leave the bigger venues after dinner come to the Red Carpet Bar to regroup, have a few drinks and then head off to other more boutique clubs. Location: Jalan Kayu Aya 42C, Seminyak Tel: +62 (0)812 389 356 6
- Potato Head Beach Club Potato Head Beach Club has fast become the must visit / happening clubs and venues in the whole of Bali. There is a real mix of people here. Families enjoying the food and atmosphere by the beach with the infinity pool, children running around on the massive lawn area, businessmen having dinner, through to back packers, 20 somethings and party people wanting to dance and let their hair down on holiday. Yet, this eclectic mix somehow works really well. It’s neatly positioned next door to the W Retreat and it’s main access is via a long palm tree lined entrance from Jalan Petitenget. You can feel the anticipation rising as you amble down this long road. The end result is a spectacular architectural masterpiece (old teakwood windows – hundreds of them covering the facade) with all the trimmings, to make this one venue that you have to see. Save up, do what ever you need to do, but get over to this place. If you want to party hard, come after 10pm but be prepared to line up and wait. Once inside the place is massive and you just feel like you have entered a football arena. It can be a bit strange at first and a lot to take in, but grab a martini, settle in and enjoy what will unfold in front of you. Location: Jalan Petitenget 51B, Seminyak Tel: +62 (0)361 473 7979
- Single Malt Bar If you love your whiskeys and enjoy a more chilled out mellow vibe then hit the Single Malt Bar. As the name says, you can drink as many types and brands of whiskeys as you like with the largest selection on the island. Ideal for a meet up with mates have a few drinks and see what happens. Location: Ize Hotel, Jalan Kayu Aya 68, Seminyak Tel: +62 (0)361) 846 69 96
- Motel Mexicola If you enjoy tequila and enjoy as you can well imagine what a mexican night out entails, then hit this place. Motel Mexicola is a fun, quirky and different Mexican bar and restaurant (somehow the only places where you can have really large, awesome looking venues seem to be in Seminyak) in Jalan Kayujati. Just off Jalan Petitenget. You will love this place as soon as you walk in. Start off for dinner, slam down a few mescals and hang around for the regular house parties. For a more chilled out evening there is an upstairs area where you can relax, have a bite to eat and watch the antics (that only a few shots of tequila can bring on) in the big courtyard below. Location: Jalan Kayujati 9X, Petitenget, Seminyak Tel: +62 (0)361 736 688
- Cocoon Beach Club Cocoon is a massive very prominent venue on the corner of Jalan Double Six. If you are in this part of Seminyak you cannot miss it. Years ago double six was the big party area of Seminyak. This venue has revitalised the area. It’s main attraction is the feature pool in the centre and of course the views over Seminyak beach. There are chairs, the obligatory VIP cabana areas and lounges where you can chill out and drink cocktails and wait for the sunset along with all the other revelers. When the sun goes down, the music kicks in and the place becomes a top night spot. There is also an extensive menu here, as will all the best venues in Bali, the food is sensational.