Where to shop in Nusa Dua.
If you are staying at a hotel or resort in Nusa Dua chances are you want to also do your shopping locally. Luckily Nusa Dua has enough shops to keep those shopaholics satisfied. Most of them are within the resorts where you can get clothing, souvenirs and all types of traditional Balinese art.
While Nusa Dua doesn’t offer the eclectic mix of shopping you will find in Ubud or the range of shops and well known brands of Seminyak or Kuta, you can still pick up a few trinkets and gifts. A quick walk around your hotel will probably uncover a few shops, but if that’s not enough you can always venture outside to Jalan Pantai Mengiat, where you will find the usual Balinese souvenirs and cheap clothes that are too hard to resist buying – make sure you have your bargaining skills switched on here.
If you need more information on shopping in Nusa Dua, following is a very helpful guide.
- Bali Collection is it. It’s the only place where you can really shop seriously in one area. It features 36 fashion shops, 10 art and craft shops and 16 specialty shops. There is a day spa, a pharmacy and even a food court area. This is good to spend an afternoon or day shopping and then you have probably covered it. You can get here via the free shuttle service that most hotels offer. This mall is very typical of the type you would find any where in Asia or back home in Australia. It’s convenient and will satisfy the needs of most people looking to come away from Bali with some clothes and gifts.
- Sogo Department Store is huge and is located on the perimeter of Nusa Dua’s Bali Collection shopping complex. Here you will find an eclectic range of fashion labels; both local and international. The Sogo is fully air conditioned which makes shopping a lot more comfortable in the Bali heat. If you are after clothing, art, home wares, perfume or kids toys, you will find it here. If you get tired and need a coffee fix, there is a Starbucks within the centre.
- Art and clothing shops on Jalan Pantai Mengiat This is all about meeting local Balinese vendors and having a bit of fun. If you feel like getting out of your 5 star luxury and mixing it up and interacting with local Balinese people then these shops are fantastic. Here you will find the classic Bintang t shirts, kites, fake sun glasses, fake watches, sarongs, T shirts ( exactly the same as you would find in Kuta) and a range of other nick knacks that you will probably buy but never wear or use. You go here for the experience and the chance to do some tough bargaining. Make sure you bring a good sense of humour with you as the bargaining can get intensive. Never loose your cool or temper. Just have a fun late afternoon out. This is best avoided midday as it’s simply too hot to stand outside under the burning sun. This market is within walking distance from the Bali Collection. so make it part of your shopping day – probably leave it till last.
- O Vault Nusa Dua is the main Oakley surf shop. This is where you will find a massive range of Oakley products all on sale. If you are into surfing and action, adventure clothing and accessories then this is a must. You can get everything here all at heavily discounted prices. Bring the kids and go for it!
- Hardy’s Nusa Dua Plaza is where you can get almost anything to keep you and your family fed, clothed and entertained. If you are staying in a villa in Nusa Dua with a kitchen or a hotel with a kitchenette and need supplies then Hardy’s has it all. There is a supermarket, toy and sports section, clothing area and they also sell electronic items and home wares. There is also a food court where you can grab some quick Indonesian food. Hardy’s Nusa Dua Plaza can be found outside the main entrance gates of the Nusa Dua BTDC. It’s really visible with it’s bright colours.