Places to eat in Nusa Dua.
Nusa Dua has become one of the most famous tourist hot spots in Bali and for this reason there are some world class restaurants where you can eat under the stars alfresco on the beach front. Nusa Dua is a foodies paradise, a culinaries delight and a real treat if you want to spoil yourself for a night out.
Most of these will be in the resorts or 5 star hotels that are located on the beach front area. This is where most of the hotels guests stay and for this reason this is where you will have the highest concentration of fine dining. Most guests never leave the Nusa Dua compound preferring to utilise the facilities on offer by their hotel and this includes dining.
The gorgeous Nusa Dua bay area also features a few individual restaurants that serve a variety of cuisines all with the must have stunning views over the ocean. It’s really a very romantic night out.
The list of some great restaurants in Nusa Dua come from our pick of the best restaurants in these 5 star resorts. Even though you might not be staying in the hotel, outside guests are more than welcome. Make sure however, you do book in advance.
- Kayuputi Restaurant at St Regis Resort Typical of dining in Nusa Dua, Kayuputi offers guests the option of in door or outdoor dining. If you going the al fresco option you will enjoy the sensational night time atmosphere and warm tropical sea breezes as you indulge in 5 star dining. Food is absolutely amazing with Indonesian inspired dishes prepared in full view as this is an open plan restaurant. Smell the delicious flavours as your dinner is being prepared, sample some great wines from the well stocked cellar and enjoy the elegant ambiance.
- Cut Catch Cucina will fill those big appetites with it’s sumptuous brunches (perfect for families as children under 12 dine for free). Located in the Sofitel Bali, Nusa Dua the Cucina also serves as a steakhouse, an Italian restaurant and a seafood cafe. If you eat at the cafe you get entry to the resorts pool. This is a great day out for most families wanting to experience Nusa Dua resort lifestyle.
- The Cafe at the Mulia The Cafe is the main restaurant at the Mulia Hotel on the southern part of Nusa Dua. It’s a contemporary dining experience where you can sample a variety of food from all over the world; Thai, Japanese, Indian and of course Balinese dishes are served here in a very stylish and upmarket atmosphere. Make sure you have room for the desserts as they are abundant and freshly made in house by professional pastry chefs. There is outdoor dining as well which over looks the gardens, pool and ocean. For a very special occasion make sure you come to the Cafe at The Mulia. It is really well worth it.
- Arwana Restaurant at the Laguna Arwana Restaurant is the main restaurant at The Laguna in Nusa Dua. This is where honeymooners and couples come to sit by candle light and gaze over the ocean whilst they dine on extra ordinary food prepared by world class chefs. There is a open air feel about this restaurant and the vibe is relaxed and very chilled out. Seafood is the specialty here and there are large fish tanks (lobsters, barramundi and crabs) on view, full of local produce. It does not get fresher than this! The Arwana is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner due to it’s magnificent setting, location and it’s incredible. If you want a real Nusa Dua dining experience then Arwana is ideal.
- Bebek Bengil has finally arrived in Nusa Dua after making a name for itself in Ubud. The restaurant is upmarket and is famous for it’s crispy duck. This restaurant is part of The Bay Bali beachfront dining complex and diners can enjoy scenic ocean views while eating the very best duck in Bali. The restaurant has a Balinese vibe with wooden teak furniture and Balinese art. The atmosphere as you would expect is fairly laid back as diners are here for 2 things; the duck and the ocean view dining experience.
- Rajas Balinese Cuisine If you want to take the whole family to a magnificent garden setting matched only by the fantastic Balinese cooking then try Rajas Balinese Cuisine located at the legendary Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa. The setting of this restaurant make you feel like Indonesian royalty – that’s part of the fun. The menu is all about traditional Balinese spices, cooking and ingredients. Everything is fresh and obviously extremely tasty. If you are a vegetarian there are also many healthy vegetable dishes as well. This is well worth the trip to Nusa Dua just for the experience.
- Bumbu Nusantara at The Bay Bali Original fresh Indonesian cuisine located the The Bay area in Nusa Dua. Diners can taste Indonesian dishes all at an incredible seaside location. A la carte options are available and the sweet desserts are a must try. The very best thing about this restaurant (and the reason it makes it to this list) is the night market concept and this is where the restaurant gets going. The ‘pasar malam’ or night market. is where you can go buffet style and sample over 50 wonderful and exotic Balinese dishes. Try a bit of everything so you don’t feel like you are missing out. It’s a great place to take the family and introduce them to the wonderful flavours of Bali. This concept works really well so make sure you book in advance as this place is very popular.