Things to do in Legian
Party, drink till dawn, shop, sun bake, chill out, grab a bargain, learn to surf, get a tattoo, have a massage, Legian is full of things to do for the holiday maker.
Here are some things you, your family, your mates can all do in Legian.
- Legian Beach sits tightly between back packer and tourist central Kuta and the hip stretch of sand known as Seminyak beach. Legian has really had to create an identity of its own but in so far as the beach is concerned, it’s a great place to sun bake, surf and watch the parade of people. Low tide and sunset will draw the crowds for sunset drinks and a quick football game. This is a must see for obvious reasons.
- Go for a cheap massage $10 should about do it for an hour of pure indulgence. As soon as you come in off the street you can hear the soothing sounds of Balinese gamalan music and the smell of rose oil burning you know that the next hour will be bliss. Legian is dotted with hundreds of these types of massage places and they all offer an unforgettable experience. Traditional Balinese massage performed by skilled hands makes this the best $10 you will ever spend. Try to go for one mid afternoon as it’s a great way to escape the heat.
- Shop for a bargain Legian is a legendary shopping district. Bargains, fake watches, jewellery, sun glasses, CD’s, and hand bags are all found in large numbers at the many street stalls, markets and local shops. You can spend days walking the streets here shopping and not see everything. You will find hidden alley ways and streets that uncover shopping gems if you look hard enough.
- Rip Curl Surf School A leading surf brand Rip Curl has set up it’s Asian base in Legian and offer daily classes for people wanting to learn how to surf. Legian with it’s sandy bottom offers surfers a easy foray into the sport. Conditions here are ideal for learning to surf as they are a lot calmer than other parts of the island. The school offers lessons for all levels of surfing. The instructors are all locals who are friendly and speak relatively good English.
- La Plancha Watching the sunset in Legian is a must do activity. You see people rushing down to the beach in a hurry around 5pm afraid that they will miss out oin the sunset. Granted, it is pretty spectacular so make sure you are part of the herd and get to Legian beach around 4.30 for a scene you will ever forget. Even better, why not do in in comfort on your own beach side bean bag at La Plancha. It’s now an icon in Legian and the place gets really jam packed so get here as early as you can to get the best position for those great Instagram pics you are going to take. La Plancha is really one place you should make an effort to visit. Sit back, have a cold beer or cocktail and enjoy people watching as much as the sunset.
- Stay in your Hotel There are enough hotels in Legian that do offer guests things to do such as scuba diving lessons, parasailing, jet skiing and all of these can be arranged at the front desk of your hotel They are geared up for tourism and know what you are looking for – all you need to do is ask them about the most popular tours. Of you are travelling with kids and want some down time, most hotels have kids clubs where trained professional staff will look after the children with games and activities to keep them occupied and entertained whilst you can have some space and freedom to do what you want. Alternatively, this is your holiday, you deserve it so if all you want to do is sit by the pool and do nothing then that’s a up to you. Most hotels have private cabana spaces that you can hire ( some are free) for the day where you can curl up with a good book and do absolutely nothing…..sounds ideal.