Where to shop in Kuta?
The question should be where NOT to shop in Kuta? The place is a shopping mecca. Kuta is jam packed, crammed full of shops. In fact, you won’t have time to see them all.
Shopping in Kuta has really transformed itself in the last 5 years from simple local shopping stalls and the odd shopping complex, into a shopping metropolis with gargantuan sized shopping malls and mega stylish plazas. Tones of money has been poured into making Kuta a place where you can spend you entire holiday going from shopping mall to market. Days wondering around spending up big on the credit card are normal here in Kuta. In fact most tourists will spend only a coupe of hours o the beach and the rest of the day in the Lippo Plaza or the brand new Beackwalk shopping centre.
If you need some ideas about the best place to shop in Kuta here is a list of our favourites.
- Kuta Beachwalk Kuta Beachwalk is a luxury shopping centre located right in the centre of Kuta Beach. It has a number of shops, restaurants and even a cinema. This was unheard of 10 years ago! The place has really evolved. Here you will find well know international brands that you would find in any shopping centre in any part of the world. The place has a very contemporary very stylish feel that will keep you busy for days. It has everything you could want in terms of clothing, fashion, sports shops, surf gear etc.
- Discovery Shopping Mall Discovery Shopping Mall is massive and you need to spend a day here looking at all the shops, including the local Balinese crafts. Located on the beach at Kuta, a good way to get here is walk from the beach and make your way in via the stairs. If this seems like a hassle any taxi driver will take you there. This is the biggest mall in Bali so it really stands out on the beach. You cannot miss it. Here you can find discount outlets, as well as local and international brands. Most people come here for a visit a spot of lunch and then back for a walk along the beach to your hotel.
- Kuta Square If you are staying in Kuta for any length of time, you are bound to walk through Kuta square eventually. It’s the focal point of Kuta and there are shops, restaurants boutiques on both sides of the square. The place can get a bit crazy with the noise and the traffic, but it’s a good place to get some bargains and do all your shopping in 1 area. This is where you will find a concentration of fast food outlets such as McDonalds and KFC. There are a lot of surfing brands and local fashion designers as well taking advantage of the daily hordes of tourists. You will love the fake Versace and Armani stores here. They will tell you its real but we all know they are copies.
- Lippo Mall Kuta About a 5 minute drive from the airport, Lippo Mall Kuta offers shoppers an exciting experience with over 150 specialty shops. From fashion designer labels to well known brands, restaurants, cafes and a Hypermart department store, this is shoppers heaven. You are going to need a day here to cover everything. This is a relatively new plaza and the design speaks for itself; chic, modern and minimal. Bring the family, have a good time and get some good Balinese souvenirs to bring back home.
- Carrefour Kuta If you are staying in Bali for any length of time then the Carrefour Plaza Kuta is a convenient way to stock up on almost anything you may need. Inside you will find all the usual fast food outlets and your garden variety Asian food court, plus a camera retailer, an Apple store ( reseller) and a supermarket. It’s like shopping back home really. So if you need to stock up, then this place is perfect.
- Rama Krisna If you have missed buying any of those cheesy souvenirs that are found allover Bali, then just before you head off back home pop into Rama Krisna and pick up as many wood carvings, key chains, handicrafts, home accessories and bags as well as purses, and about 1000 other gift items. There are so many things here it’s almost mind boggling. But if you are into that kind of stuff and nick nacks then this is a great place to shop.
- Rip Curl, Sunset Rd Kuta This massive Rip Curl flagship store on Kuta’s Sunset Road stands out because of the huge R that dominates the skyline. The Rip Curl brand is famous for clothing and surfing accessories such as wet suits and board shorts, bikinis, tops and custom designed surfboards. If you are into the surfing culture / lifestyle and wearing cool surf gear then you will love this place.