Places to eat in Kuta
From McDonalds and KFC right through to really tasty local Indonesian and Western style restaurants, one thing is for sure, you will never go hungry in Kuta.
As a bustling tourist hub Kuta has so many restaurants that everywhere you look there is a place to either grab a quick meal or settle in and enjoy some fantastic local spicy Balinese dishes while you watch the passing parade of Aussie tourists, back packers and sightseers pass you by. It has everything you could imagine.
In Kuta, you can eat for less than a dollar in a local Indonesian warung or local food stall/market or eat in a 5 star restaurant in one of the luxury hotels on the beachfront. It’s all there for the tasting.
For really cheap eats you must go to Poppies Lane which has a multitude of local fast food, no nonsense no frills style restaurants that serve up the best Nasi Goreng in Bali. These places are really cheap and 2 people can eat heartily here for less than $20. You might also like the Kartika Plaza area where all the fast food outlets are.
If you want fine dining then you need to go to the hotels on the beach front or the new Beachwalk shopping centre which is a brand new addition to the Kuta scene. There are heaps of restaurants here.
Some great restaurants to eat at in Kuta
- Made Warungs Don’t let the facade deceive you in the photo. Made Warungs is one of Kutas most famous restaurants and is humming the whole day with people wanting to sample its world famous and renown Indonesian dishes. This is a MUST TRY place even if you are not staying in Kuta. Book well ahead as dinner is always super busy.
- Ketupat Restaurant Ketupat, serves up an authentic Balinese dining experience. This is one of those must go to restaurants for those staying in Kuta that want to try local dishes that are served fresh all at reasonable prices. It’s really family friendly and even has a swimming pool to entertain the kids. Try the famous rijstaffel. If you want a more intimate dining experience there are cabanas where you can enjoy your dining in privacy.
- Papa’s Limoncello Bali Restorante Papa’s Limoncello is located at the front of Alam Kulkul Boutique Resort, on Patai Kuta which means Kuta Beach. A very central location serving up as you can imaging top Italian cuisine; all fresh and home made. After a day on the beach Papa’s Limoncello makes for a great place to get some quality Italian food overlooking the beach. Even better, why not hang here till sunset grab a vino and enjoy the views.
- Jamie’s Italian Restaurant Kuta Everyone knows the famous chef Jamie Oliver…well he has now opened up his first restaurant in Bali. It’s opposite the beach and easy to find. Due to the notoriety of the chef this place is seriously busy and jam packed. Make sure you book ahead to get a table. As you can well imaging the food here is top notch.
- The Hard Rock Bali Fancy a hamburger a club sandwich or an American style breakfast, lunch or dinner? Then it’s time to go to the famous Kuta institution that seems to attract most visitors to Bali. If you have been to a Hard Rock before you will know what to expect, it’s the same formula. Fast, cheap food American style food in a family fun environment. Grab yourself a Hard Rock Kuta T shirt when you leave so you can show off to your friends when you get back home.
- Golden Lotus at Bali Dynasty The Golden Lotus in Kya is considered probably the best Chinese restaurant in Bali. Unbelievably tasty dishes with Hong Kong style food served daily – make sure you go there for the Sunday buffet. Elegant interiors with an oriental style serve up Szechuan and Cantonese sensational dishes. Try the Peking duck for a real treat.