Shopping in Jimbaran Bay
Jimbaran Bay is not really a go to destination for shopping. People really come here for the restaurants, the beach, the beautiful sunsets and of course the luxurious hotels. There are however a few fashion boutiques, liquor stores and art galleries where you can pick up a gift or stumble across something special you might have not seen anywhere else. Following are a few gems in Jimbaran Bay where you can find some great shopping.
- Jimbaran Corner Jimbaran Corner was a welcome addition to the shopping scene of Jimbaran Bay. Before that there was basically nothing except for a few local vendors selling the usual Balinese crafts, tshirts etc to the tourists. This new shopping area is an eclectic mix of retailers and restaurants but it is the focal point for people to meet in the Jimbaran area. They come here to eat, shop, go to the day spa, the pharmacy and even the book store. It isn’t large by Balinese mega mall standards but does offer tourists a place to go to, browse and get away from the beach or hotel for a few hours.
- Atlas South Sea Pearl Atlas South Sea Pearl is the biggest Pearl Farmer in Indonesia and they have a shop at Jimbaran Corner. As you can imagine these are a collection of the finest pearls and even if you are not in the market for a set of pearls it’s nice just to wonder through this shop and see the gorgeous collections. Ladies who want to buy some pearls may find it hard to leave this place without buying a necklace, bracelet or even a set of ear rings. These are truly magnificent pearls and when you make a purchase you are give a certificate of authenticity.
- BIN House Deep within Jimbaran Corner is BIN House. It’s famous for it’s richly woven and coloured batik items. They are all meticulously hand made with some items taking up to 6 months to be made. These are all Indonesian traditional fabrics and is ideal for men / women’s clothing in the tropics. Browse around, feel the finished product and you will see how much attention to detail has been put into the making of these items.
- Kapal Laut Jewellery Kapal-Laut Jewellery refelects stunning sterling silver hand made jewellery and is located inside Jimbaran Corner. Browse around and try on as many pieces as you like including their eclectic range of hand bags and other accessories. The design style here is minimalist and clean which makes for an ideal gift or present. Again most of these shops are in Jimbaran Corner so the best way to see them all is set aside a couple of hours. If you get tired Grocer and Grind cafe is inside where you can grab quick pick me up latte.
Nightlife in Jimbaran Bay
Nightlife in Jimbaran, is lot more sophisticated and chilled out than the neighbouring areas of Kuta or Legian. It resembles Seminyak is style, class and chic status. Whilst Jimbaran Bay is not really known for it’s nightlife there are places here where you can watch the sunset in style have a few drinks and if you like party on. If you are not eating and drinking at the seafood restaurants then most of the late night partying is done within the hotels as they have their own live music and entertainment. There are also a few exotic, stunning and jaw dropping glam cliff top bars in the Jimbaran area that are now tourist hot spots. Most people come here strictly for the sunset cocktails and dinner afterwards. Jimabran nightlife is all about exotic and very romantic venues with picture perfect backdrops where the waves are crashing over rocks metres away from you.
Following are a few places to go at night in Jimbaran.
- Rock Bar at Ayana Resort and Spa Everyone knows this place. It’s famous. It is without doubt the number 1 chill out, uber cool place to go to in Bali. It’s almost like a crime if you haven’t been there. People come up to you and ask you if you have been to this incredible bar on a cliff. They might not be able to remember the name, but they always talk about the cliff. They go on and on about it. Well, here it is and if there is one place that you should visit whilst on holiday in Bali is this Rock Bar. Get here early as the queues are long and I mean long! There is a huge list of custom made cocktails that everyone clutches onto as they watch the sun set. It’s almost a tradition in Bali. The vibe is seriously up market and extremely cool with DJ’s playing tunes that set the scene for an evening you won’t forget easily. You will love the ride down to the rock Bar in the cable car style lift which is really a prelude to the fun that’s ahead of you. The Rock Bar can either be a chilled out evening with friends a romantic date or a family night out. Either way this place will impress! The Balinese really know how to do things the right way when it comes to these types of extravagant venues and locations. Somehow they hit on this magic formula and it really works well – you can judge this by the popularity of places lie the Rock Bar. They never seem to die out or go out of fashion.
- Smoqee Lounge & Sky Bar at Le Meridien Jimbaran Smoqee Lounge and Sky Bar is a very stylish and chilled out nightspot that has spectacular views over Jimbaran Bay, the very famous seafood restaurants and the beach area. The rooftop area at Smoqee allows guests to dine outside whilst taking in the panoramic views while gazing over the ocean. This is a very chic dining destination whilst downstairs offers a more upbeat tempo where DJ’s play music and you can dance to tunes. The roof top bar area is where people come to listen to laid back chilled out music, sit by the bar and enjoy the Mediterranean tapas. Exotic, romantic and chic are all words used to describe this wonderful Jimbaran venue.
- Jimbaran Beach Club at Kupu Kupu The formula for nightlife here is pretty much the same where ever you go as is the case with the Jimbaran Beach Club. You basically go to chill out, watch the sunset and enjoy a drink or two then head off to dinner. Most of the night spots are on the beach with is the prefect setting for a casual night out. This venue has 3 areas: a dining room, a bra and a elevated sunset watching area. The beach club has everything you could want for a perfect Jimbaran style night out. This barmen here make great mojito’s so make sure you try a couple before dinner.