Places to eat in Jimbaran Bay
Dining in Jimbaran Bay is all about eating in the 5 star resorts and hotels. If you are lucky enough to be staying in one of these uber cool and expensive hotels then you are probably going to want to eat locally and stay in your hotel. For those that are prepared to venture out Jimbaran is famous not only for the chic and exclusive dining experience, but also for the cosy and now very popular ‘warungs’ that have sprung up on the beach. In particular the seafood restaurants which are very popular among tourist coming in from other parts of the island.
These beach front ‘warungs’ serve up popular BBQ seafood dishes where patrons sit at tables that are set up on the sand. It’s a no frills experience but it works extremely well as these restaurants are packed every night. Most people come here for the sunsets with a cold beer and then settle in for a seafood feast.
Following are a selection of restaurants around the Jimbaran Bay area that all foodies will love.
- Jimbaran Bay Seafood Jimbaran seafood restaurants are a BBQ seafood lovers dream come true. Washed down with a cold Bintang and you are in heaven. There are about 16 restaurants in total, they all look they same and seem to offer the same dining experience. It’s hard to tell one from the other. It’s ideal for families, groups or couples wanting to sample fresh seafood and Balinese dishes. There is live gimmicky entertainment as singers play to diners for tips. This can get a bit over the top but it’s part of the fun. What you do here is pick the fish you want from the display case at the front of the restaurant, they will weigh it for you and then charge you per kilo. The fish is then thrown onto the BBQ where it is served to you 10 min later. There is also a range of other seafood dishes such as squid, calamari, prawns, clams and lobster which are all sold on weight. It is very good value and comes out quite cheap by the end of the meal. Jimbaran Bays Seafood cafes are now so famous that you need to get here early to get a table. The sunsets, beer and atmosphere make this a memorable night out. If you are coming from Seminyak, Legian or Kuta it’s about a 30 min taxi ride. Ask you hotel to organise this for you. getting home is not a problem as there are many taxis in this area.
- Kisik Bar & Restaurant Kisik Bar & Restaurant at the Ayana Resort and Spa in Jimbaran could possible be argued that it’s the best setting for watching the sunset in Bali. Added to that it’s seafood cuisine is spectacular. This is a place you go to for a special occasion or a night out in Bali. Like all things in Bali, the word gets out quickly about great spots for sunset drinks so they tend to get full very early, Try to get here about 4pm as the sunsets here are dramatic. You do not want to miss out. For those on their honeymoon Kisik Bar sets the tone for a romantic night out. You can see from the photo below just how spectacular this place is.
- Grocer and Grind Grocer & Grind at the Jimbaran Corner is a great meeting point and a perfect air conditioned place for that quick coffee fix. If you are planing to have a bite to eat here the place serves up delicious meals that are reasonably priced. This is more a casual dining restaurant where you can get great salads, pastas and of course Indonesian dishes. You will find that its central location in the Jimbaran complex means that it’s a focal point for diners all over Jimbaran Bay. Well worth it for the yummy desserts as well as everything is freshly baked in house.
- Bella Cucina For 5 star dining head to the InterContinental Bali and be served Italian cuisine in a stunning pavilion over looking the water. The restaurant boats 2 levels with the upper level offers a more intimate dining experience where diners can enjoy the ambiance of the watching the Jimbaran sunset. Bella Cucina has spared no expense with the menu or it’s extensive wine cellar. If you are looking for a la carte dining in a 5 star resort then you simply must try this restaurant.
- El Kabron About a 10-15 min drive south of Jimbaran Bay on the Bukit is El Kabron. This is a Spanish/ Mediterranean style restaurant perched on the cliff top over looking the ocean. As you can imagine the place is packed with people taking in the sunset and then all wanting dinner. The vibe is quite chilled as people sit on large bean bags, drink cocktails and wait for the sun to dip below the horizon. If you like there is a pool where you can sit, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy your holiday. It’s these type of experiences that make El Kabron so popular.